Sunday, December 9, 2012

As I Unbox my First Gunpla

I remember way back 90-ish, I used to buy some robot toys for my enjoyment. To the fact that I was able to build and play with it; and the fact that anime's that time around ('96-'99-ish? I guess), TV shows consists of early morning cartoon superheroes and afternoon after school. I began raising my interest to watch these shows for we (kids from that time) is not as digitally inclined as we are bound to get our school stuffs packing and throwing it in our rooms and turning on the TV. 

I was then filled with a lot of crazy imaginations that time and I also imagined the fact that I was riding one of these Gundams as they fly and battle through the air, filled with crazy projectiles and destroying each of it's kind. Nevertheless that I was born to witness such animations packed with blasts and actions, thus living those dreams; in reality. 



I first crossed my most favorite robot which is the MACROSS - a jet turning to a robot, which is being aired during the mid 90's, and I dubbed it as my most favorite robots through my lifetime. 

Then I remember crossing our paths with EVANGELION, a lizard-like robot that battles with two super chicks, namely Asuka and Rei. 

I personally don't know what enticed me to be of motivation through my entire career being a creative person, but I do know that these crazy imaginations lead me to my utmost creativity. Thus, sharing you a bit of a  new hobby, which is building and collecting some Mechas, or Gunpla.

To share with you guys, I first bought my first Gunpla at Toytown (located at Glorietta 1, 3F) and as soon as I saw these cool boxes that reminded me of my old Gundams, I was able to purchase my very first and very favorite Gundam; Gundam Wing Series' Zero Type Wing (MOBILE SUIT: XXXG-01W)

I actually remember watching Gundam Wing at GMA 7, around 4:30 in the afternoon. Heero Yuy was the main character, and he was the one to steer the Zero Type Wing. (ooh Childhood!)

Anyway, let's cut it from there. I used to have my old Zero Type Wing (2nd version) when I was in 4th Grade. Then got my Zero Type Wing Endless Waltz during my 5th Grade.

What's inside the box:


Very organized pieces

Inside the box includes the manual, stickers and all removable parts


Instruction Manual


Assembled the leg

Assembled the Arms

Complicated assembly of the body

Body together with the torso

Wings

The head

THE FINISHED PRODUCT




Front View

Sideview (R)

Rear View
Sideview (L)

Testing Scale Articulation




ZERO TYPE WING'S BIRD MODE



Bird's Eye View



Watch out as I soon collect all Gundam Wing's other famous Gundams! So stick around and thanks for viewing!


###

No comments:

Post a Comment