Tuesday, October 20, 2015

Conquering Evia City Daang Hari

It took me a few months before posting again. I guess I was too busy trying to reflect on some things. After careful planning and considerations, I finally came to terms with one of my bucketlist rides --  Daang Hari.

Taking a break: Fernbrook Garden
Few people who reside from San Pedro, had an idea that there is a pathway going to Daang Hari. Daang Hari is an expressway which connects Alabang and Las Pinas, all the way to Cavite, specifically; Molino, Imus and Bacoor. 

A few months ago, MCX (Muntinlupa-Cavite Expressway) just opened which enters and exits Susana Heights (SLEX). It was developed to decongest traffic from Alabang proper to Daang Hari. The city of San Pedro -- deemed lucky and fortunate that it possesses such a marvelous geography.

My big bro and I decided to take that leap of faith and brave the up and down slopes of San Pedro to reach Daang Hari. It was the easiest route, but it'll make your legs a little shaky. 

We took off from our house to Daang Hari via the hills of San Pedro. Unfortunately, due to the hard uphill ride, taking a photo of the road never came in to mind. Silly me!

Anyway, it took us an hour to reach Daang Hari. My Cateye reads it by.. 11 kilometers only! But the ride. Totally exhausting. 90% uphill. Some riders compare it to Cardiac hill btw.

After climbing those steep roads, ALAS! We finally made it.

Below are the photos we took as we cruise along Daang Reyna (a small road connecting to) Daang Hari, and Evia City.

Overlooking Fernbrook Garden





Outside Fernbrook Garden

Signage which yields MCX and Cavite




A closer look of the facade of Fernbrook Garden

Bike Tiangge in front of Fernbrook Garden. Merchants available every weekends, 6-10 AM the most.







Before we head home, we took a quick breakfast at Evia City McDonald's. It was my first time there. Evia contains a lot of interesting establishments including restaurants, coffee house(s), and a Rustan's Supermarket. (I really wished I took a lot of photos during this ride. Regrets)

Thanks for viewing! Have a great day ahead!

###

No comments:

Post a Comment