Thursday, April 30, 2015

Cycling X Paragliding

As I returned to cycling, I want to share one ride that made me aware of a place not known to most of us. A place where we can ride a trail and stop by to watch people doing Paragliding.

An amazing view of Carmona, Cavite (Photo c/o Blightfire Instagram account)



My high school batchmate, Hirayama Munoz (Yami as we call him), called me for a short ride to Carmona. He hinted me to watch some paragliders do their thing at the Carmona Ridge. Unfortunately, it was the first time I heard such a thing exist; especially a miles away from where we live!

It was a Saturday morning -- we decided to meet at CSA Binan. So I wear all my cycling gears to prepare myself for a hot ride. Then off I go to CSA.

Yami arrived together with his friend, Kenneth -- who happens to be an alumnus as well in CSA. He resides near Yami's place. After I met him, we took some take off shots.



Let's do this!

We took the Congressional road route to Carmona checkpoint; crossed the high way then proceeded behind Carmona race tracks horses' stables.

The path is a long steep road, some are asphalt, some are concrete. The route itself obviously leads you to the foot of a hill. 

The moment we arrived at the foot of the hill, there's an open area. Very wide open area. There's a bicycle path available to climb up the hill. 

Unfortunately that time, I still owned a rigid fork which is not safe for rough uphill stiff climbs. Therefore for safety, I didn't have time to take pictures that much. The uphill climb is very, very difficult. 

If I'll get a chance to get back, I promise to take some pictures of the trail itself.

Anyway, after an almost hour of pedal, we finally arrived on top of the ridge, witnessing the beauty of Carmona on top of the mountain. 


There are a few mountain bike riders going up the hill as well. We stumbled with them and had a few gossips, basking on the glory of successfully climbing up the stiff hill.

That time, we saw the paragliding activity. And it's quite an extreme!



Some of the mountain bikers to witness the paraglide



Luckily, the GMA 7 crew was there as well to cover for iJuander episode. There we saw Mariz Umali, which I regard as one of the prettiest faces in the broadcasting industry. We asked for selfie's/selfwe's.



Solo shot with crush Mariz Umali! <3

After a few hours rest, we took off the other route, the continuation of the uphill climb. A very rough terrain I can say, prone for bicycle tire to bloat. After a few minutes, we exit at Brgy. Maguyam, GMA Cavite.

Yami offered a shortcut, but then on we were so hungry we can't even pedal a bit. So we passed by a "bulaluhan" and ate breakfast.





After a delicious breakfast, we head back home. We took the shortcut to Yami's and Kenneth's residence with some rough terrains for added challenge.



















Happy much?


Ride safe!

###

1 comment: